Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April 10, 2012 - A Nice Run

It's been a nice run of health for a while now.  The closer I get to the half marathon, the more careful I have been with both diet and how hard I push myself physically.  Actually, to be perfectly honest, even if I wanted to run 20 miles a day, I can't.  My right knee has been pretty sore for the past week and a half and has really limited my even being able to train properly for this race.  I have a 5k coming up this weekend and I will only be able to run once this week to avoid being too sore for the race.  I just have my fingers crossed that the knee holds up through June 2nd (date of the half marathon).  I'm pretty sure its just a wear and tear thing and not an injury because it feels much better when I don't run.  To try and keep myself in shape without abusing my knees, I have been working out at the gym with pretty light weights, however, non-stop for 45 minutes.  Hopefully, that helps keep me on track for the race?

I have a fundraiser dinner coming up this Thursday and it's looking like there is going to be a huge turnout.  A local restaurant is donating 20% of everyone's food bill that day to the C.C.F.A.  Besides the importance of raising money for such a great cause, it'll be nice to have dinner together with so many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment