Sunday, April 22, 2012

April 22, 2012 - "Nothing" to Write About...is a Great Thing !!

I was thinking about my week and about the past month and realized that things have been so good that I basically didn't have any updates regarding my Crohn's, which is a great thing.  Everyone is different, but it certainly indicates that the better you stick to a regimen that works, the healthier you are going to be.  Looking at 2012 thus far, the only times I have flared up have pretty much been when I either went nuts (see Super Bowl XLVI picture below), pushed myself too hard physically (see half marathon training picture) or gone way off my diet (numerous times).  With the race only 6 weeks away I have been really careful with my diet and have found the line not to cross physically regarding training.  The result has been excellent health for the past month and a half.













Training was tough on Saturday.  We are up to 10 mile runs.  My right knee has been pretty sore and my goal right now is to nurse it the best I can through the race.  I stopped after 6 miles.  I have been working on my cardio during the week, without pushing my knee.  I've been spending more time at the gym, working out with lighter weights and basically going non-stop for 45 minutes.  6 weeks to go and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my knee makes it through.

Last night was fun.  I got another invite to participate in a handicapping contest at the Meadowlands.  I went with my friend Frank and we partnered on the contest.  Didn't do too well in the contest, however, we did great on our side bets and walked away with a nice chunk of cash.

Today was a special day.  My step-son Adin's hockey team played for the league championship and saved their best game of the year for when it counts the most.  The team they played is excellent and they annihilated them 10-0.  Adin had a spectacular wrap around goal and 3 assists.  Here is the team picture with their gold medals.  Adin is directly behind the goalie.

This week will be time to really step up the fundraising for the CCFA to reach my "running for a cure" goal of $3,000.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment