Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22, 2012 - Take Nothing for Granted

As someone that has suffered from Crohn's disease since the age of 13, I have learned to really appreciate every healthy day in my life.  Two days ago, I ran in a half marathon in NJ.  It was the last prep race for Team Challenge in preparation for the half marathon on June 2nd.  On Sunday, we all split the race with another team member.  Emily was there to cheer me on and it is days like this that are cherished.  A day later (yesterday) this is what I looked like.


I had brought Emily's car in to be serviced and was on the way home with a loaner car from the dealership.  I was stopped at a red light and the next thing I knew, I was being put in an ambulance.  I was hit by someone that was going at least 50 mph and probably texting.  Luckily, other than being very, very sore, I don't have any serious injuries.

My main concern right now, is that I am healed enough to be able to run in Virginia on June 2nd.  As disappointed as I will be if I cannot,  I will still be thankful for the experience of meeting every one of my teammates and getting to know all of them throughout our training for the run.

I think anyone that suffers from a chronic illness has more of an appreciation for life, but when things like this happen, it really makes me sit back and be so thankful for how wonderful life can be.  Take nothing for granted,  you never know what each day will bring you.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your accident, fingers crossed you can still take part in your race

    ReplyDelete