Sunday, March 18, 2012

March 18, 2012 - The End of a Great Week, Despite My Mouth...Ouch !

I really don't think this has anything to do with my Crohn's, but man does my mouth hurt.  A couple of weeks back, when I had my sinus infection and 5 straight days of fever, the corner of one side of my mouth cracked.  It was probably from being dehydrated from the fever.  Three weeks later and not only has it not healed, but the other corner has also cracked.  Don't know if anyone out there has ever dealt with this, but it really SUCKS!!!  I have been attempting to treat it with vaseline, to no avail.  Today, I "googled" it and went to CVS to pick up a topical anti-fungal creme.  I am really hoping that it works...SOON!!

Thought I would get the bad news out of the way first, because the rest of the week was great.  My stomach has been terrific and I am full force back into my training for the half-marathon.  On Saturday, we had a family Bat Mitzvah and Emily's parents and brother Chuck got into town on Friday.  We had a nice dinner on Friday night and had a terrific time all day Saturday at the Bat Mitzvah.  In 2008, I lost both of my parents and it is so nice to have such wonderful, caring in-laws like Emily's mom and dad.  They live in Florida so the only bad thing is I don't get to see them as much as I would like to.

This morning, I ran for the first time with Team Challenge-NJ.  They train on the weekends and between having the sinus infection and being in Tampa last week, I hadn't had the chance to run with them.  We had a short clinic and stretch before the run and then did a 5 mile loop around the park.  I ran at a much quicker pace than I normally do because my step-son Adin had a hockey game at 10:30 a.m. and I wanted to get to the game as soon as I could.  I ended up doing the 5 miles in about 38 minutes and then headed to his game (his team won 7-0).  We had a nice brunch after the game.  I am a little over 2 months from the half marathon and training gets serious starting this week.  That means I will be extra smart about my diet, meaning lots of shakes and no "garbage".

Now, if only my damned mouth would heal !!

No comments:

Post a Comment