Friday, March 2, 2012

March 1, 2012 - Back in Training...then Back on My Ass !

What a great start to the week !  Started back running on Monday and was able to run 2 miles at a decent pace.  On Tuesday, I did a double.  I ran 1.5 miles in the morning, then went to the gym late afternoon to lift weights.  On Wednesday, I ran 3.5 miles, feeling like I was nearing where I was before coming down with the nasty sinus infection.  Everything changed, starting Wednesday night.

When Emily came home from work, we decided to go out to eat at a local diner.  Typically, when I go to a diner, I eat "diner food" (i.e. breakfast, burgers, club sandwiches).  I decided to try one of the "chefs specialties" on Wednesday.  It was called "Ritz Cracker Chicken".  This is a chicken breast coated with crumbled ritz crackers with a butter lemon sauce.  I'm feeling nauseous just writing this.  I had planned on taking off from working out today, however, I didn't have this in mind.  I woke up this morning with pain in my abdomen.  As the day wore on, it got progressively worse.  When Josh came home from school at 2:30 p.m., I had to take him for an orthodontist appointment.  I was feeling really miserable by then and knew what was about to happen.  Last April, when Emily and I were in Florida, the same thing happened to me.  My body was about to violently reject last nights meal.  I didn't even go into the orthodontist office with him, because I didn't want to get sick in the waiting area.  When we got back home around 3:15 p.m., I went directly upstairs to the bedroom and began a 4 hour hell of non-stop vomiting.  This is the 2nd time in my life that I have reacted this way to a meal.  There was a 3rd time, but that was nowhere near as bad as today and Florida last year.  I really don't know if it is Crohn's or some type of food poisoning (I'm guessing the latter).  When the vomiting stopped around 7:30 p.m., the diarrhea started and did not stop until around 3:30 a.m.  I feel like I've been beaten with a club.   Tomorrow will be a day of shakes and relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment