Monday, February 27, 2012

February 26, 2012 - Great Weekend!

What a great weekend !

On Friday night, I went to the State Theater in New Brunswick with my buddy Frank to see the "Pink Floyd Experience".  The tickets were a holiday gift from Frank.  We went to a great restaurant in town for dinner, then to the show.  What a terrific band!  I've never seen Pink Floyd, however, I have seen Roger Waters and this band was terrific.  Nice small theater with great acoustics.  Here is a short clip from the show.

The dinner before the show was probably my first "heavy" meal since coming home from the Super Bowl.  I had stuffed mushrooms and rigatoni bolognese.  Also had a couple of drinks.

On Saturday morning, I brought Lulu over to the person that watches her when Emily and I go somewhere. Late morning we left for Atlantic City.  On the way we stopped at a wine vineyard in Cream Ridge to sample some wines and picked up a couple of bottles.  It was nice reminiscing for the 2 of us.  The first time we ever went to Atlantic City we had stopped at this vineyard.  We had a really nice time at The Borgata.  It wasn't an ocean view, but nonetheless, here is a view from our room.


We had dinner at a Japanese Tapas restaurant called Izakaya.  Second heavy meal in 2 days.  Kobe beef on a skewer, lobster on a skewer and shrimp fried rice.  The first one was no problem, this one had some slight repercussions, but not really bad at all.  We bet a few races at the race book (no winners) and then called it a night.  After breakfast this morning, we headed home.

After we picked up Lulu, we relaxed for a bit at home and then headed over to Frank's house.  His girlfriend had a little get together for his upcoming 55th birthday.  Typically, after 2 heavy meals in 2 days, plus room service breakfast this morning, I would do shakes the rest of the day.  Today I didn't.  I also ate at Frank's house.  I know that might be pushing things a bit, but I feel really good and know that tomorrow will be a complete day of cereal and shakes only.  It felt really good to get away. 

Tomorrow, it is back in training day as I am now 3 months away from the half-marathon.  I've got a lot of catching up to do, but will take things 1 day at a time in my training.

No comments:

Post a Comment