Thursday, February 23, 2012

February 23, 2012 - More Golf in February?

The weather this "winter" in New Jersey has been unbelievable.  I already played golf once this month and today makes twice.  60 degrees and sunny today.  When I played at the beginning of the month, I walked the course.  I also tried something a little different, I played with only 3 clubs (7 iron, 56 degree wedge and putter).  The reason I did that was because I have been having so many issues with my driver, probably averaging 6 penalty strokes every round I played.  I just wanted to see how I would score not hitting the ball as far, however, hopefully in the fairway.  Wow, did that round teach me something about managing a round of golf.  Because of all the penalty strokes, I've been shooting in the mid-90's.  With the 3 clubs, I shot a 78.  I only missed 1 fairway all day, and did not have any penalty strokes.  Today, I didn't walk and took my full set of clubs.  Typically, I would have walked, but I still don't feel anywhere near perfect.  I ran on Tuesday and it was like I had never run before.  I was still so congested that I barely made a half mile before I had to start walking.  I also felt lousy the rest of the day.  I decided to hold off on any more working out until next week.  This is why I played golf using a cart today.

I also opened my BIG MOUTH (as Ralph Kramden used to say) regarding my stomach and the antibiotics.  Late Tuesday it finally hit and has been a  mess since then.  Luckily, today is my last day taking them.  A lot of bloating, pain and running to the bathroom.  Going to be extra careful with my diet.  As always, that means lots of shakes and nothing too crazy food wise.

Busy weekend coming up.  Tomorrow night, I'm going to something called the "Pink Floyd Experience".  My friend Frank bought the tickets as a gift for the holidays.  I will be going with him.  On Saturday, Emily and I are heading to Atlantic City.  Really looking forward to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment