Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 7, 2012 - The Recovery Begins

This is what my blog is all about.  There are things all of us with Crohn's are going to do that is going to knock us on our ass.  It's what we do after we're knocked down that controls our disease.

Got to sleep sometime after midnight last night and got up around 8 a.m.  Still feel pretty bad.  I have absolutely no voice, I have no energy, my head is killing me and my stomach isn't much better.  I am going to do absolutely nothing today.  Other than my meds, I'm not even unpacking.  I did have some cereal for breakfast and ran right to the bathroom.  Spent most of the morning uploading all of my pictures and videos from the trip.  Had a few paperwork things to take care of.  By the time that was finished it was early afternoon.  I had a shake for lunch and went back to bed.  I slept for about 3-4 hours, getting up a little before 7 p.m.  I had a couple of eggs and was back in bed by 9 p.m.  On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being completely healthy, I was a 0 last night, a 1 when I got up this morning and probably a 2 by the time I went back to sleep.

The key for me is to be very patient and not push things physically or with food until I feel much better.  Again, these flare ups are going to happen, it's getting them to calm down as quickly as possible so the intestines don't suffer permanent damage.  I refuse to let this disease keep me from experiencing things like I did this past weekend.  I will take as long as I need to at this point to get things to calm down.  If I have to do nothing for a week or however long it takes, it's worth it to me.  I wouldn't trade the time I had in Indy for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment