Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 19, 2012 - The Tough 6 Week Stretch Continues

Unbelievable !!  As I wrote in my last post, finally, I felt great for the past 7-10 days, that is, until today.  What a day today was.  Let's just say, I have never been so happy to be in the bathroom over 20 times in 1 day.  Happy, you ask?  Yes, happy.  The alternative would have been what was going on with my wife Emily and that was vomiting.  As a matter of fact, my step-son Adin is also sick.  With the issue of the cracks at the corner of my mouth not healed, I was petrified of the possibility of vomiting.  Fortunately, that was not the case with me.   Don't know what we got but the 3 of us were pretty miserable all day long.  It seems every time I get my training for the half marathon back on track, it gets thrown off by something else.  I really did not feel like eating, but thank God for those Myoplex Lite shakes I always have when I cannot tolerate food.  They are truly a life saver.  Even while feeling that badly, I was able to tolerate that.

I'm hoping that we all feel better tomorrow.  If that's the case, I will start back up in training again on Wednesday.  I've got a pretty long training run (8 miles) coming up on Saturday with Team Challenge-NJ and I hope to be ready for that.  I am so completely DONE with not feeling well.  The whole house has been on and off sick since the 2nd week of February.  We are all just looking forward to a nice stretch of being healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment