Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 25, 2012 - Minor Flare Up - No Problem !

So, the issue Emily, Adin and I went through on Monday was much better by late in the day Tuesday, except that it did lead to a minor flare up of Crohn's for me.  It was probably worse than it would have been because just as I was feeling a little better, I went out for a 5 mile run on Wednesday....and Thursday.  I really didn't feel well by Thursday night and all day Friday.  Cut completely back on my training and stuck to an all shake diet.  The good news, by mid-day Saturday I was feeling better, the bad news was I had to miss my training run with Team Challenge on Saturday.

On a related but different subject, I need to vent.  On Thursday, Emily and I went to the mall and because the flare up was kicking in, I had an emergency run to the bathroom in J.C. Penney.  Now, for all of you inconsiderate ASSHOLES out there that don't clean up the mess you leave when you go to the bathroom in public, some of us don't have the time to clean up YOUR mess when we aren't feeling well.  Do you leave your bathroom like that at home?  One more time...INCONSIDERATE ASSHOLES!!!  Ah, I feel much better now.

We went out to dinner with our friends Harvey and Jean last night and had a really great time.  I've known Harvey since I'm 10 years old.  They don't come any nicer than he and his wife.

Today was a lazy day.  Adin had his usual Sunday morning hockey game (they lost 5-2).  Two more games and then the playoffs begin.  My brother came to the game with Emily and I and the 3 of us went out to eat after the game.  The rest of the day was just hanging at home in sweats and relaxing.

Back to training tomorrow.  I have a 5k coming up on April 15th, then a 10k the 3rd week of May to help prepare for the half marathon.  The fundraising push starts big time this week.  Time to raise some money for a great cause.  I'm running for a cure...  

No comments:

Post a Comment