Thursday, March 8, 2012

March 7, 2012 - Quality of Life...Again !

I talk about quality of life quite often.  In my opinion, it is the single most important thing in all of our lives.  For all of us with Crohn's it's obviously more difficult to have as much quality in our lives as healthy people.  That is why it is imperative that we take advantage of the times we are feeling well, to do things that give us pleasure.

I am heading to Tampa tomorrow for 5 days of Yankee spring training.  Sports is my passion and baseball has always been my favorite.  I still have a copy of my 6th grade report card where my teacher wrote a note to my parents telling them that in the spring of that year when she saw me staring out the window and not paying attention in class she asked me what I was doing.  I said "I was thinking about playing baseball because it was finally nice outside".  Yep, baseball has always been my favorite.  Going to a couple of games and will also head over to the stadium to check out some workouts.

I have been feeling great since that strange episode last week with the vomiting.  Been back running and working out on a regular basis.  Knowing that this trip is upcoming, I have been especially careful with my diet.

My point is, us Crohnies need to take advantage of the times we are feeling well to add to the quality of our lives.  I certainly do.

No comments:

Post a Comment