Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 11, 2012 - Birthday's and Half-Marathons

What a great day today was !

Still didn't feel too great (although not real bad) when I woke up, therefore, I decided there would be no working out today.  I had a 9 a.m. appointment at the CCFA (Crohn's, Colitis Foundation of America) with the purpose of signing up for the half-marathon that is going to be run on June 2nd in Virgina.  I am excited about the challenge that this is going to be for me and more importantly, by participating in this, I hope to inspire fellow crohn's sufferers.

In the early afternoon, I had another appointment and once I got home (around 3 p.m.) my preparations began for the dinner I was cooking for my wife Emily and step-son Adin who were both celebrating their birthdays.  Before any of this took place, I had to make sure and embarrass Emily by sending her a bouquet of flowers to her school.



Adin's request for dinner was salmon, marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled on a cedar wood plank (for a 13 year old, the kids got good taste).  Prep work for his dish was easy.



Emily requested pad thai for her dish.  That required a lot more prepping, although still a fairly easy dish to cook.  The trick with that dish is to make it spicy enough so that it is fairly authentic and yet not too spicy so that it doesn't send me to the emergency room.



I'm happy to say that the finished products came out great!



Really a very nice day, not only for the birthday mom and son, but for me as well.  I made sure to take it easy all day and besides a bowl of cereal and a shake, I had nothing else until dinner.  By the time dinner rolled along, I was feeling great.  Not a big seafood eater, however, I did have the pad thai.  A little family ping pong tournament after dinner ended a terrific day.


No comments:

Post a Comment