Friday, January 6, 2012

January 5, 2012 - A Hectic Day

That's the view from my car as I am about to enter the Lincoln Tunnel for my first appointment of the day, which was at 11 a.m. on Madison Ave in Manhattan.  Was hoping to have lunch with my daughter Jill after the appointment, however, that didn't work out.  She had been off for a week and was too busy.  She works for Ralph Lauren and the first fashion week in NYC is on February 16th which means she won't see the light of day until probably February 17th.

My second appointment was at 4:15 p.m. in Toms River, NJ, which gave me just enough time to stop home, have one of my shakes, feed Lulu and take her for a walk.  By the time I got home, it was around 6 p.m. and the house smelled great, which meant it was dinner time.  Emily made chicken, rice and biscuits for dinner.  We had a nice family dinner with the boys and then all settled in front of the TV for the Rangers/Panthers hockey game.

One of my weaknesses is late night snacking while watching TV.  Most of the time, I'm really not even hungry, I just eat anyway.  It is something that typically leads to a bad night of sleep, which , in turn, can lead to a weakened immune system and possibly a flare up.  I am really trying to be very conscious of not doing that.  It's even tougher when I watch one of my teams play because I really get into the games.  This gives me nervous energy which leads me to the refrigerator.  I did a good job tonight as I only had a 15 calorie ice pop during the 1st period intermission.  The Rangers won the game 3-2 in overtime.

Being so busy today did not allow me any time for working out.  I'm going to see how I feel tomorrow and may do a double, which means weight lifting at the gym and a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment