Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 9, 2012 - After the Binge

I was very fortunate to have awakened today with absolutely no negative effects from the food binge I went on yesterday.  It's extremely important for me to treat today as if I did flare up and because of that, be very careful what I eat.  For me or anyone with Crohn's, the more the intestines have to work, the more likely they are to breakdown.  I know that I put away about 5000 calories yesterday and therefore, need to give my system a day off today.

Had a bowl of cereal for breakfast today and then had some busy work to take care of, which took most of the rest of the morning.  Late morning, I left for an appointment about 40 minutes from my house.  By the time I got home, it was around 1 p.m.  I had a shake and then headed to the gym for a workout.  Went straight from the gym to a chiropractor appointment.  Grilled burgers for everyone for dinner.  Had a quick errand to run with Emily after dinner and then pretty much relaxed the rest of the evening.  I did have a couple of slices of leftover pizza around 7 p.m.  I was really hungry because I had probably only had around 1000 calories by the time I finished dinner.  If I had flared up from yesterday, I would not have eaten the pizza.  I probably would have either had a second shake or possibly a bowl of cereal.  Fell asleep while watching that awful game between Alabama and LSU.  Just way too long between the last time these kids played a game and this game.  Definitely a "snoozer".

No comments:

Post a Comment