Monday, January 16, 2012

January 15, 2012 - The Giants Do it Again

I tried...I really did.  I even spoke about the upcoming Giant game in my blog all week long with the purpose of mentally preparing not to abuse myself with various food and drink during the game.  Then the referees, who officiated the game like they had cheese heads covering their eyes, ruined everything.  OK, so I'm not going to completely blame the refs.  My brother Larry and I both take superstition to a new level of stupidness, therefore, same exact clothes as last week (right down to the blue underwear), sitting in the exact same spot and yes, pizza ordered from the same place.  I've been feeling pretty good all week, so a few (all right, I admit it, 4) slices of pizza can't hurt?  Then the refs took over.  I'm not going to get into the specifics of the horrible calls because that is for a football blog, but I will say that the unnecessary stress it brought both Larry and I, led to breaking out the half gallon of vodka. After filling our 16oz. Giants glasses with about 14 oz. of vodka and a splash of 7-up, my first drink was gone in about 4 minutes.  I poured myself a second similar drink.  I don't think Larry did it on purpose, but an "accidental" knocking over of my half full second drink, ended my drinking for the day.  It was during another horrible call by a ref that Larry and I both stood up and started screaming at the TV.  He knocked over my drink and I took that as a sign to stop, so I did.  The Giants went on to crush the Packers 37-20 (would have been 51-3 without the refs bullshit).  After the game I was just content to sit and watch the post game highlights over and over again.  I did this with a bag of Hostess "Donnetes" on my lap.  For those unfamiliar with "Donnettes", they are mini-white powdered donuts.  I think I had 6 of them.  I guess we all have our triggers, things that mentally lead us to stray from our diets.  Sports is mine...especially football.  This time, I'm going to start talking about it today to see if that helps?  Next Sunday night, 6:30 p.m. eastern time, the Giants play for the NFC championship in San Francisco.  It's time to wash the Eli Manning jersey, the Jason Pierre Paul shirt I wear under the jersey, black sweat pants and BLUE underwear.  Pizza anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment