Friday, January 13, 2012

January 12, 2012 - Committed to Run

I am officially committed to run for Team Challenge in a half-marathon.  I've written in past blogs about someday reaching my physical capabilities had I not gotten Crohn's disease as a kid.  This would go a long way toward reaching that goal.  More importantly, it is something I need to do to hopefully inspire others with this disease. People with Crohn's can not only lead productive lives, but can also go beyond what a healthy person typically can accomplish.

I started running in October and presently run anywhere from 3-6 miles every other day.  Training for the half-marathon begins next month with coaches and other team members.  I'm very curious to see what the training regimen will be like.  13.1 miles is a whole lot more than what I am currently doing.  The race is in June, so hopefully that should give all of us plenty of time to reach the goal of being able to complete the race.

Fundraising for my local honoree (details to follow) is a very important part of my commitment to Team Challenge.  I will be raising $3,000.00 of which 75% goes directly to that honoree.

I got a huge adrenaline rush today when I formally committed and had a great run because of that.  I can only hope I have that same type of adrenaline on race day.

Had a good day today, feeling really well all day long.  Today's meals were morning cereal, a shake after running and a fairly light dinner with no late night snacking.  Gotta stay healthy.  Any flare ups will put a hold on my training.  I'm already thinking ahead to Sunday and the Giants game.  Those are the types of days I really need to be aware of what I put in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment