Thursday, January 26, 2012

January 25, 2012 - Quality of Life

I AM GOING TO SUPER BOWL XLVI !!!!!


I blogged on January 21, 2012 about having a positive mental outlook and how it can add to the quality of your life with Crohn's.  I thought about what I wrote that day and below is a letter I received in my email today, showing that I do my best to practice what I preach.




January 2012


Dear Giants Fan:

Hello and thank you for choosing Big Blue Travel!  We look forward to hosting you on the road in Indianapolis for Super Bowl XLVI.

This letter is confirmation of the purchase of your package.  You will receive your travel documents & detailed trip itinerary via email in the coming days.

If you should have any questions or concerns please feel free to email our office.



Thank You!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words cannot possibly express my level of excitement.  I am going with my brother Larry.  He has been with me through the entire playoff run.  Hopefully, we can close it out with a victory.  The trip is unbelievable!  It is the Giants travel agency that runs it.  We are flying on a private commercial jet called "Big Blue 1".  The entire plane will be filled with Giants fans.  From there it only gets better.  Hotel with the team, dinner with Giant Alumni.  Tickets to fanfests and parties.  A private motor coach taking us to and from the game, etc. etc etc.

Taking good care of myself leading up to the trip goes without saying.  Taking care of myself while there will be a challenge.

Today has been a nice day. Besides the obvious excitement of booking the trip, Emily had a 1/2 day off for a doctors appointment.  We had lunch together and then headed to the doctor.  Kind of a reversal of roles today because she saw a gastroenterologist.  She has a family history of polyps and the doctor scheduled both genetic testing and a colonoscopy.  She is always there for me and I will always be there for her.  I had worked out at the gym in the morning and had soup and an egg sandwich for lunch.  Because of not having a shake I had a banana when we got home and that was it for the day.  Oh, forgot to mention that I did have a vodka tonight.  I was so fired up from booking the trip, it was nice because it took the edge off.

Nine days till we leave for Indy !!  Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment