Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 23, 2012 - Super Bowl Trip?

So, I've got a decision to make.  In my blog posted on 12/29/2011, I wrote about how travel can negatively affect my Crohn's.  I just booked a trip to Tampa in early March and need to decide if I want to book a trip for the game.  I also wrote a few days ago about "quality of life" and not allowing negative thoughts affect my decision making.  This one is a little tougher because of the environment in Indianapolis.  Air travel followed by endless parties, followed by the game itself.  I'll make the decision by the end of this week.

Spent half of today studying for this coming Saturday's N.H.H.C.(National Harness Handicapping Contest) qualifier.  I won the qualifier 2 years ago and was invited back to compete again this year.  Harness horses typically race once a week and usually on the same day of the week.  I downloaded the results charts from this past Saturday's races along with the video replays of each race.  Once I viewed the races, I marked the charts with some notes.  Once the entries for Saturday nights races come out on Thursday, I will download that program and put everything together.

My diet was absolutely awful today and I really have no idea where that came from.  Breakfast was fine, just a bowl of cereal.  I basically ate bread and coffee cake the rest of the day.  No shake, no workout, no real meal.  Between running around doing errands and the aforementioned studying, I just didn't take the time to eat properly.  Hopefully, there will be no repercussions from this?  Tomorrow is also a busy day, however, I will make sure and take much better care of myself.  The key for me, if I mess up, is to get right back to doing what I need to do to avoid flare ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment