Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012 - Success!

It's official, this blog is a "success" !

In my very first blog posting I wrote, "if this blog helps even 1 person, I will consider it a success".  But here's the deal.  The person it has helped is ME !  I guess that should count towards making it a success?   I knew for the past 6 years I had found something that worked for me as it relates to keeping my Crohn's under control.  I wanted to share that with everyone.  Now that I have told you about my past and have started this daily diary, I realize, I have helped myself tremendously.  If I allow myself to get off track doing what it takes to take care of myself, then what good am I to anyone reading this.  I was telling Emily last night how much more aware I am of everything I am doing as it relates to taking care of myself.  Thank you, blog.

No matter how good any of us with Crohn's feel, the disease will never let you forget that it's still there.  Went to the gym this morning and had a great workout.  When I got home, after my shake, I took Lulu for a long walk.  We were about a half mile from our home when, out of nowhere, I got a cramp that was a strong signal to turn my ass around and get back home.  The problem was, Lulu is a basset hound, which does not make her the fastest walker on earth.  Long story short, I barely made it back to the house and the bathroom.  I owe Lulu an afternoon walk.

When the boys got home from school we watched a show I had taped from last night.  HBO has been running a 4-part series following the Rangers and Flyers leading up to the Winter Classic.  Since the game took place on Monday, this was the last episode. HBO really did a great job with the show.  I was so fired up after it ended, I threw on my running shoes and did a 3 miler in the neighborhood.

Just hung in the house tonight, had leftovers from yesterdays dinner.  I did have a glass of port after dinner which is the first alcohol I've had since New Years Eve.  The only thing missing with that port was a cigar.  Maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment