Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 16, 2012 - After the Binge, Part 2

I am a lucky guy.  Actually, I am for many reasons, but in the interest of this blog, as it relates to Crohn's.  I follow many fellow "Crohnies" on twitter and see the awful stuff they deal with on a daily basis.  Things that I have dealt with in the past, but, other than an occasional flare up, have not for a while.  Woke up today with absolutely no after affects from last nights mini-binge.  I understand enough about this disease to know that despite feeling great this morning, I need to treat today as if I did flare up this morning.  After a light breakfast, I headed to the gym for a workout.  I bitch and moan every time the weather keeps me from running outside and forces me to the gym for a run on a treadmill.  Besides the fact that I hate treadmills, I tend to overheat 15 minutes into my run when I do it indoors.  I wasn't planning on running today, I was just going to do some weight lifting.  I decided to take a different route to the area in my gym where I would be working out and came upon a room that I was shown during my orientation day at the gym, that I had completely forgotten about.  The room is basically a converted movie theater that has cardio equipment in it.  It continuously loops a movie all day long and I happened to walk in at the beginning of the movie "The Hangover".  I have seen the movie about 100 times and made a beeline for a treadmill.  Time for 101.  The room is nice and cool and I'm pretty sure I will be setting new endurance records for myself shortly because, what a great environment.  I ran for a bit, went out into the gym for some lifting, then headed home and had a shake.  Emily made chicken "Veronique" for dinner, which was a recipe that her mom had made when she was growing up.  It was great!  That along with some rice and biscuits and I was a happy guy.  A nice relaxing night with no late night snacking and it looks like I have officially survived the 2nd round of the NFL playoffs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment