Thursday, January 5, 2012

January 4, 2012 - A Very Cold Run

Man, it's cold out today.  I've been running since October and the coldest temperature I had run in was around 35 degrees...that is, until today.  17 degrees outside today and I guess that's a little too cold for the lungs to handle because at the 2 mile mark my lungs really started to ache.  My wind was fine, but I guess the cold air caused the lungs to ache?  Any runners out there, please let me know if that's something the body gets used to and I will keep at it.  If not, anything below 30 and I'm heading to the gym and a treadmill (hate those things).

Well, its been 3 days since my self inflicted flare up on New Year's Day and I have completely snapped out of it.  As long as I watch what I put in my body and at the same time, watch how much I do physically, I have pretty much been able to bounce back quickly from flare ups.  Today was cereal for breakfast, a bananna a little before my run and a Myoplex Lite shake after my run.  The boys went to their dads around 4 pm today, so Emily and I went to a local diner for dinner.  A burger and fries for me (true diner food).

Got some good news today.  Emily and I had bought a racehorse last year.  We are partnered with a racing syndicate called Team Valor International.  That's the same syndicate that owns Animal Kingdom, the winner of last years Kentucky Derby.  We bought a 2 year old filly named Visionaria during the summer.  She was supposed to have her first race in a stakes race at Monmouth Park in August, however, got seriously ill with colic and had to have emergency surgery, which saved her life.  I found out today that she has been given a clean bill of health and is about to start training again.

I have an 11 a.m. appointment in Manhattan tomorrow and hope to have lunch with my daughter Jill afterwards.  I will try and get some good pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment