Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 21, 2012 - Positive Mentality

I was thinking today about how much of an influence your mind has over your body.  Emily and I went to a "Fork and Dine" movie today.  For anyone not familiar, its restaurant quality food served to you in a movie theater.  More importantly, you can also drink alcohol.  Ten years ago, one of two things would have happened.   I would have gone to the movie and worried the entire time that I would have to go to the bathroom after eating.  This might cause me to miss some of the movie.  Just thinking about it would basically be talking myself into having to go.  The second possibility is even worse.  I would not have gone at all.   Why go if I'm going to be spending half the time in the bathroom.

Having a positive outlook on things has given me and my family a so much better quality of life.  Yeah, once in a while, I do have to go to the bathroom, but more times than not, I don't.  We had a great time.  Saw the movie "Contraband".  We both thought it was pretty good.  I had a sliced prime rib sandwich, fries and 2 vodka and 7's.  Emily had a shrimp taco with 2 cosmos.  No wonder we thought the movie was good.

Believe me, I know how tough it can be to be remain positive.  I certainly have my fair share of bad days.  I just have found that the more negative I am, the longer I stay sick.  That can become a dangerous cycle because one leads right back into the other.  My point is, if my attitude was negative, Emily and I would have missed out on a great night together.  The most important thing for me and my family is quality of life.  The only shot at having quality in our lives is to be positive.

1 comment: