Monday, January 23, 2012

January 22, 2012 - Super Bowl Here We Come !


 
Would someone please tell me if I am still dreaming about the Giants run to the Super Bowl in 2007 or is this real?  I still cannot believe it.   Looks like the playoff beard is going to grow all the way till February 6th.  Emily says I'm looking a bit on the homeless side these days.

The best part about the day today was that I was so nervous about the game, I had no appetite, therefore, didn't binge like the past 2 weeks.  The way the season went, I figured the team might get past Atlanta, but would then get bounced by Green Bay.  Once they beat Green Bay and moved into today's conference championship, the nerves showed up.  It was, once again, my brother Larry over, with both of us wearing the exact same clothes and sitting in the same seats.  People always laugh at my superstitions, but I can prove it works.  With the Giants leading 10-7 in the 3rd quarter, I had to go to the bathroom.  I had not missed 1 snap from scrimmage the entire playoffs.  Any bathroom going was always during commercials.  This time, I just couldn't wait until the commercial (thank you, Crohn's).  Sure enough, the 49ers went right down the field and scored a touchdown while I was in the bathroom.  Next time that happens, I'll have a mop and pail ready because I am never leaving my seat again.

The day started off with Adin's first hockey game of the season.  His team lost 8-6, but it's always exciting to watch him play.  I didn't feel like going to the gym today, therefore did not work out at all.  Normally, I would have run, but with yesterdays snowfall, it was impossible to run outside.  Spent the rest of the afternoon just counting the hours until kickoff.  I was going a bit nuts, so Emily was trying to come up with something to keep my mind off of the game.  She suggested we play some gin rummy.  I'm hoping my mind was on the game because she kicked my ass.  Tried to get some sleep, but just as I fell asleep, my friend Frank called to talk about the game and woke me up.  Finally, it was 6 p.m. and my brother showed up ready for 6:30 kickoff.  I really want to try and go to the game in 2 weeks.  The search for tickets and a room starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment