Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 2, 2012 - Still in Recovery Mode

Slept much better last night and felt way better when I woke up.  Having said that, I know one of the keys for me is to not push things 1 day removed from a flare up.  Typically, today I would have either worked out at the gym or run 3-4 miles, however, I did neither.  Not pushing myself physically when my body is in recovery mode is just as important as watching what I put in my body.  Speaking of that, I continued yesterdays pattern by starting my day with a bowl of Special K.

Had a bit of an emergency in my house this morning.  Emily and I woke up around the same time and when we got downstairs we noticed that the heat had not kicked on (it was cooooold out yesterday).  Went down to the room where the furnace is located and saw that the pilot was out.  Re-lit it, but after a couple of minutes it kicked back off and I smelled gas.  Called the gas company and they were out in less than 20 minutes.  They only come out in emergency's and do not do repairs.  The repairman indicated to me that the ignitor was cracked.  Took the old one off of the furnace and went to a local plumber supply shop and picked up a new one.  Got home, installed it and once again had a happy and warm wife.

The afternoon was reserved for hockey, specifically the Winter Classic which pitted the Rangers (my team) against the Flyers.  What a great atmosphere and game.  In what turned out to be one of the best sports weekends in a long time, the Rangers beat the Flyers 3-2.  That, combined with last nights Giants rout of the Cowboys, made me one happy sports fan.

Somewhere between fixing the furnace and the start of the hockey game, I had another of my Myoplex Lite shakes.  Once the game ended (around 6:30 p.m.) I made an egg sandwich.  I felt pretty good after I ate it, however, still not being 100%, I did run to the bathroom a few times.

My step-sons got home from their dads around 7:30 p.m.  They were gone for about 10 days (winter break) and the house just isn't the same without them here.  The first thing Josh said to me when he walked in the door was "nice sports weekend".  The only one happier than Emily and I that the boys were home, was Lulu.



No comments:

Post a Comment