Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 7, 2012 - Leaves

Ever since recuperating from my first surgery when I was 18, I have loved betting on horses.  My parents sent me to Florida to my Uncle Irv and Aunt Roses a couple of months after the surgery and they lived a stones throw from Gulfstream Park.  Every day was handicapping 101 with Uncle Irv at the track.  As I have previously mentioned, it has even extended to owning a racehorse these days.  The reason I mention this is, Emily and I had dinner tonight in a restaurant conveniently located in a racetrack next town over.

No working out at the gym or running today.  Today's workout is cleaning up the ever present leaves for what seems like the 90th time this year.  Emily cracks up every time I start ranting and raving about the leaves.  There is a wind tunnel on our block that blows every leaf onto our property.  We don't even have any trees in front of our home.  I think there is a secret conspiracy amongst all the neighbors not to clean any of their leaves because they know they will eventually blow onto our property.

Started the day with the usual bowl of cereal and then finished a book I have been reading.  While I was reading, Emily went to her gym and then food shopped.  I had just finished reading when she got home around noon.  After bringing in the food, I went to work on the leaves.  Once I finished, I had a Myoplex Lite shake.  Typically, Emily and I eat dinner pretty early.  She knows it is easier on my digestive system and I think she actually prefers it too.  Today is a little different.  The first race is at 7 p.m., therefore, we didn't begin eating until around 8.  We had a great time and had great dinners.  Emily had tilapia and I had a rib eye steak.  I can count on 1 hand the number of times I have steak during the course of a year.  Steak is a bit too much work for my system to process, so even when I do have it, I typically will only eat 8-10 oz of it.  We stayed for 6 races, Emily hit the 1st race and I hit the 6th race.  All in all, a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment