Monday, January 9, 2012

January 8, 2012 - The Giants

Ok, so maybe this blog helps me less than I think it does, especially when the Giants are playing in a playoff game?

The day started off great with a bowl of cereal, while watching the pre-game show.  As a matter of fact, it was a little before 8 a.m. that I was having breakfast and Emily was not awake as yet.  She woke up, came down the stairs, saw football on the TV and said, " holy shit, it's on ALREADY" !  I could feel the "football adrenaline" rushing into my body and definitely needed to take advantage of it.  Relaxed a bit after breakfast and then went out for a run.  Set a new personal best of just under 6 miles on my run and felt like I could have kept going, but, I needed to get "ready" for the game.  The rest of the day was a bit out of control, diet wise.

Typically, I would have a shake after running.  Today, I had a banana.  My brother came over for the game and we decided the game meal was going to be pizza.  As a good host, I always try and make sure to have more than enough food when someone is coming over, so I ordered 2 large pizzas.  By the time the second half started, we were breaking into the 2nd pie.  I ended up eating 6 slices and 3 or 4 donut munchkins by the time the game ended.  The game was an annihilation (Giants won 24-2) and I was a revved up happy guy after it was over (around 4 p.m.).  Between then and when I went to sleep, I probably ingested another 1500 calories of various garbage. 

I really try to be a good example for anyone that reads this blog, but, like the rest of us, I am far from perfect.  There are certain things in my life that stimulate this temporary insanity.  Obviously, sports is one of them.  The key for me are the days that follow one of these insane days.  I have to be very strict with my diet in order to avoid any type of flare up.  I plan on doing that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment